Take a moment to think about Recreation in Wellington North
The Township of Wellington North is preparing a Recreation Master Plan to ensure that we are positioned to meet current and emerging needs. The Master Plan will guide the development of parks, recreation and cultural facilities, services, and programs over the next ten years.
Specifically, the Recreation Master Plan will examine needs and strategies related to:
- Recreation facilities, such as arenas and community centres
- Parkland and park amenities, such as playgrounds, sports fields and courts
- Aquatic facilities such as outdoor pools and splash pads
- Arts and cultural activities and amenities
- Trails and pathways
- Sports and leisure programs and special events
- Service delivery, such as policy development, staffing, partnerships, and community support
The Master Plan will be guided by your input – you are encouraged to participate in the following consultation initiatives and help us identify priorities for recreation services in Wellington North:
1. Public Input Sessions.
Public open houses have been held to tell the community more about the Recreation Master Plan and to hear suggestions. These were drop-in sessions that could be attended anytime between 6:30pm and 8:30pm as there was no presentation.
Tuesday November 7, 2017 – 6:30pm to 8:30 pm (drop-in)
Mount Forest & District Sports Complex, Leisure Hall
850 Princess Street
Thursday November 9, 2017 – 6:30pm to 8:30 pm (drop-in)
Arthur & Area Community Centre, Upper Hall
158 Domville Street
2. Online Community Survey (Survey is now completed).
The survey asked questions about participation, needs and priorities. It took about 10 minutes to complete and was available until November 17, 2017.
3. Focus Groups and Interviews with community groups and representatives. Organizations were contacted directly to participate.
A public meeting will also be held in early 2018 to review the Draft Master Plan.
Please check this website regularly and stay tuned for future updates!
For more information or to submit written comments about the Master Plan, please contact:
Chief Administrative Officer
Telephone: (519) 848-3620 ext. 25
Steve Langlois, Principal Planner
Monteith Brown Planning Consultants
Telephone: (519) 686-1300