Recreation Programming - Summer Day Camp
While at summer day camp, our highest priority is to keep participants and staff safe. Which means camp will look different than in the past, as we have made a number of changes to our daily schedule. But fear not! Our wonderful leaders are back with some creative ideas, amazing energy and are determined to make this summer fun for all of our campers.
Financial Support: If you are a family who will be receiving financial support. Please do not register using the online registration form, call the recreation department so we can complete your registration.
Summer Day Camp:
Summer Day Camp will run Monday to Friday, from July 5 - August 27, 2021. Hours of operation are 9:00am - 4:00pm daily, with extended care available upon request. Unfortunately, due to provincial regulations, our capacity will be reduced. Please review the Parent/Guardian Information Package to find answers to frequently asked questions. Once you've registered your child(ren), be sure to complete and submit the documents within the Parent/Guardian Information Package to the Day Camp Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) one week prior to your camp start.
$116.00 - 4 day week [$29.00/day]
$145.00 - 5 day week [$29.00/day]
|Session 2||Jul 5 - Jul 9||Music Makers|
|Session 3||Jul 12 - Jul 16||Science Rules|
|Session 4||Jul 19 - Jul 23||Crazy Olympics|
|Session 5||Jul 26 - Jul 30||Fun at the Fair|
|Session 6*||Aug 2 - Aug 6||Artful Antics|
|Session 7||Aug 9 - Aug 13||Animal Planet|
|Session 8||Aug 16 - Aug 20||Survivor Week|
|Session 9||Aug 23 - Aug 27||Holidaze Celebrations|
*four-day week due to a holiday, rates will be prorated to reflect the shorter week.
If you would like additional information, one of our experienced team members will be happy to assist you. To check registration requirements and availability visit our registration page.
Participant Code of Conduct
Three Strike Policy
The Wellington North Summer Day Camp Program will use a three-strike policy. If any participant behaves in a way which compromises our ability to promote a healthy, safe and secure environment, the following disciplinary procedures will be followed.
First Offence: Warning. The participant is told what is wrong with their behaviour and not to engage in such actions again.
Second Offence: Warning and loss of privilege. The Participant is told what is wrong with their behaviour and is asked to sit out for a period of time.
Third Offence: Immediate dismissal. The participant is told what is wrong with their behaviour, the parent/guardian is contacted and will be required to immediately pick-up the participant from camp. The participant will be allowed to return the following day.
The following behaviors are not acceptable and may result in the immediate and indefinite removal of a Program participant:
- Using threatening language, or threaten participants, staff or volunteers
- Behaviors that endanger the health and safety of children, staff and volunteers.
- Stealing or damaging the property or facility.
- Leaving the Program without permission.
- Continuous disruption of the program with consistent disrespect.
- Refusing to follow the Wellington North Code of Conduct and/or Program rules.
- Acting in a lewd manner.
Inflicting intentional physical harm towards another camper may result in immediate dismissal from camp with no warning. This includes such things as hitting, kicking, biting, punching, slapping, etc.
If a participant is dismissed from Camp two days in one week, the camper will not be allowed to return the remaining days of that week and no money will be returned to the parent/guardian.
Parents will be informed of all incidents requiring a warning at the end of the day or at immediate dismissal following the third offence.
Each day starts with a clean slate, the warnings issued the previous day are erased.
Children who are asked to leave the Program, or whose illness prohibits participation must be picked up within 60 minutes of notification. The Township of Wellington North reserves the right to modify, repeat, accelerate steps or not use the outlined processes as the situation demands. No Refunds will be issued for campers who are asked to leave the Program.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Refunds submitted after course/program has started will only be issued for medical reasons
- No refunds will be granted after a course/program has been completed.
- A $10.00 administration fee will be charged on all refund applications, except those cancelled by the Recreation Department.
- Refunds/make-ups will not be issued for course/programs cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Cancellations made 31+: days prior to the course/program start-date will receive a full refund, less an administration fee of $10.00.
- Cancellations made within one month (30 days): prior to the course/program start-date will receive a 50% refund, less an administration fee of $10.00.
- Cancellations made within one week (7 days): prior to the course/program start-date will not be eligible to receive a refund.
- Medical related cancellations: A prorated refund will be issued for any remaining course/program, less an administration fee of $10.00, provided no more than 75% of the course/program is complete. A physician’s verification will be required in writing. The request must be made within five (5) working days of the situation.
- A full refund will be issued for a course/program cancelled by the Recreation Department. No administration fee will apply.
Note: Course/program status is decided 7 days prior to program start date. Your withdrawal may put the class below the minimum number required to operate.
Phone: 519.848.3620 x 4335
Mailing: 7490 Sideroad 7W Kenilworth ON N0G2E0
Day Camp Coordinator: Alannah Bondy
Arthur Site Leader: Paige Coffey
Mount Forest Site Leader: Natalie Eccles