If you own a dog in the Township of Wellington North you are required to license them each year.
NOTE: You are not currently required to license your cat, only your dog.
You can license your dog online, over the phone, by mail, or in person.
Dog licensing in the township is managed by DocuPet Inc. Visit their website at wellingtonnorth.docupet.com to license your dog and learn more about their HomeSafeTM Lost Pet Service that is included with your pet’s license.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe community for our citizens and their pets. Licensing plays an important role in our ability to fulfill this responsibility and care for our local animal community. A license allows animal control to identify your dog, get in touch with you, and make decisions that are in the best interest of your dog should it become lost or injured.
How to License Your Dog
The Township of Wellington North’s dog licensing program is managed by DocuPet Inc. DocuPet provides a licensing solution that is simple and convenient, and includes added benefits for dog owners including the option to upgrade your tag to something you and your dog will love. You can license online in less than five minutes and will immediately gain access to your pet’s profile, which is used to reunite you with your dog in the event that they become lost. You will be in compliance as soon as you complete the form, and your dog tag will be sent in the mail within 8 to 10 business days.
Licensed in the past?
You can also license:
- Over the phone by calling 1-855-249-1370
- In person at the Municipal Office with cash, debit or cheque. Please make cheques payable to The Township of Wellington North.
- The Township of Wellington North - 7490 Sideroad 7 West, PO Box 125, Kenilworth, ON, N0G 2E0
- By mail to: The Township of Wellington North, 7490 Sideroad 7 West, PO Box 125, Kenilworth, ON, N0G 2E0. You may pay via mail by cheque. Please make cheques payable to the Township of Wellington North.
Fees and Fines
Licenses are required for all dogs living in the township. They must be renewed every year prior to the expiration date. Failure to present a valid license will result in a fine of $100.
The cost to license your dog is $20.00, regardless if your dog is intact or altered.
Please note that as of September 2019, the Township of Wellington North’s licensing program operates on a 365 day cycle, meaning your dog’s license will expire exactly 365 days from the date of purchase.
No longer own your Dog?
DocuPet’s HomeSafeTM Program can help. Login to your profile and report your dog lost using the red button. An email will go out to community members letting them know how they can help.
You can order and pay for a replacement tag online by logging into your account and selecting the "Order Replacement Tags" link. Alternatively, you can visit an associated sales vendor to purchase a replacement tag.
Wondering when your dog tag will arrive?
Typically dog tags are received in the mail 8 to 10 business days after your order is processed. You can login any time and access your profile on wellingtonnorth.docupet.com and not to worry, our township records will show you have an active license.
What do the fees for Dog licensing support?
- Licensing fees help cover the costs of essential animal services including:
- Emergency service all year round
- Feeding, sheltering, and safe keeping of impounded animals
- Supporting the rescue of lost and/or homeless animals
- Supporting medical care for sick or injured dogs or cats
- Public education initiatives in schools and within the community
Have a question about licensing or the DocuPet program? Contact customer service at: 1-855-249-1370
Need to make a report? Contact R&R Animal Control at: 519-509-9985
Get in touch with Wellington North 519-848-3620